Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calls directly to gen delivery mbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTMI

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
Hey all

Have a customer who has a cics 7.0 sw and a cp100. They want a call to come into business and go directly to gen delivery mbox after 4 rings no AA just to mbox. Mbox is 10 extension default cp mbox number but I can't set prime line to 10 so I don't have a clue how to set thiss up any ideas please and thank you

JustinTMI

just have all lines ring and appear on the receptionist phone (with general delivery i assume)

in telset programming set to transfer to vmail dn after 4 rings

then if you have the AA on make sure you turn it off in call pilot programming

I did try that and each individual phone has its own MBox as well.. What the do is have all of the messages goto Gen Delivery MBox and 1 person forwards calls to others mailboxes accordingly. If I set reception to ring and CFwd to 34 (VMail Ext) then her mailbox will answer not the general delivery!

-JustinTMI

Reception still wants her mailbox ie:21 so If i assign 21 to GD Box wont that not allow me to create a MBox for Ext 21?

Justin TMI,

That is a very poor way to use the VMS, what is wrong with a full function AutoAttendant?

You can also set IC 34 as prime for the lines and use DRT, if you want manual answer too.

....JIM....

Hey Justin,
I'm having the exact same issue with my MICS w/ CP100.
All phones have lines on Appear Only, and FWD No Answer on at 6 rings.
This client does not actually have a receptionist so I built a CCR tree with lots of sub-menus leading directly to extensions. Set AA to pick up at 2 rings on all 8 lines.
Works great on Lines 1-4, but Lines 5-8 will ring 6 times and then go straight to the General Delivery Mailbox. Even when all lines are free, it will not engage the AA on lines 5-8.

I reset the Callpilot to default to see if it was a flash issue, but to no avail.
Any ideas what is going on?

You sir are a genius Marv!
Thanks alot. I can't believe that never clicked! Enabled AA on lines 25-28, bingo bango, it works.

Thank you Sir!
-Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back