Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot100/150 .wav and .bvk files HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBinSanD

Vendor
Apr 8, 2008
US
I know that the Doc's on the Cp100 can be misleading. I have a CP100 rls2.0. Reading carefully I found that you are unable to load voice files. Only the BCM version (also present in the CP100 Docs) can do this and import/export .wav or native encoding.

I also have a CP100 rls3.1. Docs state that a .wav file can be converted, using CallPilot Player, into a .bvk file. I have attempted to do this many times and continue to get a configuration error saying "invalid voice file format", and will not allow the file to load.

Anyone with ideas?

When you want to save a voice mail, save as abc123.wav and save it to your desktop. Then include that msg into an email so that person can listen to it through any program that will play .wav files. Windows Media Player I would guess.

If you forward a voice mail to a person with Call Piolt Unified MSG, make sure you send it to thier Call Pilot Address book. This way they can play the msg back as a .bvk file.

NortelinSD,

Thanks for the tip.

I was actually trying to load studio recorded voice prompts for the Auto Attendant, but maybe this will work in this case. I will give it a go.

Do you know of a patch/fix for this issue?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back