Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Voicemail "Steering" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
Say you have a line appearance, we'll say Line 1, on two stations. We'll call them Station A and Station B. Both Station A and Station B are set to forward to voicemail after 6 rings.

Is it possible to "steer" voicemail so that Line 1 is forwarded to Station B's voicemail box? Currently, calls get forwarded to Station A's voicemail box.

I know the easy answer would be to either 1) lower the Forward Delay for Station B or 2) raise the Forward Delay for Station A. However, the options are 2, 3. 4, 6, or 10. 4 is a bit too short, and 10 is way to many.

Is there a way to associate a line with a specific voicemail box?

If the two work stations can hear both phones ringing, you can:

Phone A: Line 1 Appear and Ring, Line 2 Appear Only
Phone B: Line 1 Appear Only , Line 2 Appear and Ring

Only the ringing line will transfer to voice mail.

Marv ccna

Try changing the Prime Set under lines, point it to the DN of the mailbox you want it to go to (Station B's DN)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

curlycord, changing the Prime Set on the line does exactly what I want. Both stations A and B are set to a 6 ring forward delay and I have specified the Prime Set on the line(s) as appropriate. Calls are now forwarded to the expected voicemail box. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back