Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot version 5.01.03.04 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigmister

Technical User
Oct 18, 2012
US
A few years back, the CallPilot did not allow me to delete a voice mailbox that had messages in it. I had to delete all of the messages first. I was told that the reason for this was that it's not a good idea to have messages that do not belong to a mailbox in the system. That an accumulation of these types of messages can have a negative impact on the system.

We have since upgraded our CallPilot to version 5.01.03.04. We can now delete a voice mailbox that has messages in it.

A couple of days ago, my co-worker deleted a voice mailbox that had 250 messages in it.

Do I no longer need to be concerned about these messages that were not deleted prior to deleting the voice mailbox?

I thought that deleting the entire mailbox automatically deleted all the messages and that doing this had no system issues.
I have always done it this way and my system never had any issues.

Delete the mailbox and all messages tied to that mailbox goes bye-bye, no left over remnants to worry about. Been doing this since CP 1.05

Personally for me I think it's good practice to set all mail box's to have all read messages be deleted after a few days. This saves disk space and you don't have to rely on the mailbox user deleting the messages themselves, which they often don't!.

I'm currently dealing with a Meridian Mail system that is full up and it's all a build up of undeleted read messages. Also it is bad housekeeping from the customers administration side as they don't delete mailboxes when people leave. I've found expired mailboxes that have disk storage used from 3 years ago that I've had to delete to free up space.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back