Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot user password resets

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
I'd like to enable our IT helpdesk to reset user voicemail passwords on our CallPilot 4.0 system. I created two dummy accounts for testing.

38001 = standard user template w/ "user with some administation rights" (User Administration is checked)
38002 = standard user template

When I login to CallPilot Manager as 38001, the home page shows a "password reset" link. I click the link and arrive at the next page which ask for which mailbox to reset. I specify 38002 and get an error: "Error code: 54744, severity: 0, attribute: usermailboxpsswd"

When I login to CallPilot Manager using my account which has full administration rights, I can reset the password without issue.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I just tested your scenario on our CallPilot. As long as I was resetting a mailbox that wasn't a full administrator, it would work. If I attempted to reset the mailbox of a full administrator, it failed. According to your scenario above, 38002 is not a full administrator, correct?

War Eagle!!

If I am correct that Password Reset is for the login you are using.

Go to User/User Search/put in the mailbox ID/click the blue highlighted part of the name/reset the password here.

I had a tech do what you are saying and he reset the 000000 password then forgot what he changed it to.

Telebub -

I took another look at this test this morning and realized that I some how enabled both test accounts with "some administation rights" (with "user administration" checked). I took all administration rights away from 38002. As soon as I did that, I could reset 38002's password when logged in as 38001.

Janaya -

When I login 38001 and try to reset 38001's password using the page I mentioned, CallPilot returns a message saying you can't reset the password of the account currently logged in.

Conclusion -

I'll probably poke around a little more to make sure I'm not giving the helpdesk too much access if give them user administration rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back