Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Upgrade StartUp Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkView

Technical User
May 26, 2005
US
We recently had our vendor upgrade our CallPilot to 04.04.04.17. I watched him do the upgrade and it was very clean. However, when I am looking at the event logs I see certain events that concern me. I would like thoughts and opinions regarding these events.
The first one is: "Dialogic Event Management system initialisation failed. This means that one of the necessary stages of the startup of the CT Server has failed. The CT Server will not start. You should try again to start the CT Server. If that fails contact Dialogic Tech Support." I am not even sure what this is actually used for. I can see that the server is running, and callpilot seems to be working fine.
The second one is: "Error communicating with the Spooler system service. Open the services snap-in and confirm that the Print Spooler service is running." It is not running, the actual service is disabled.
The third one is: "Event from IMAP Server[0] : 3644 stIMAPOD::bExecute: Unable to send data due to a network problem. The connection is lost." We use IMAP to share mailboxes used for inbound faxes. It all appears to be working correctly. It is sad but true that I have gained more information regarding my phone system from this forum than from my vendor. As always any and all input is appreciated.

ParkView..i have done over 30 upgrades to 4.04.04 callpilots
what release did you upgrade from i see those event errors
all the time unless you are having troubles let those errors go its is the way the server was upgradedand tech support will not tell you what the errors mean they say its
not a known trouble.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Thanks for the input. We were running CallPilot 2.02 something (WinNT). I am not sure what the exact number was. The upgrade was basically done from scratch. New hard drive, then three 2003 server CDs, then all of the PEPs, and last import from backup on tape. That is one of the reasons I was expecting it to start up cleaner. It does appear to be working fine so I will just not worry about the errors.

The first error "Dialogic Event...." is a known issue. It seems that the Dialogic board is reporting errors falsely. Per Nortel, you can ignore this one.

What is the time stamp on the errors? If they were from the last reboot of the Call PIlot before bringing back into service I would disregard. I have seen those error messages, but only on reboot, but the Alarm Monitor still shows them.

Clear the alarms when you leave for the night and check them in the morning. If they do not reappear, then chalk it up to the final reboot.

I was just at a site that showed CRI on the LED, but the last alarms came from when restarted after the Timezone Update.

Hope this helps.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back