Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0 Downtime 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leecer

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
US
We are going to upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0. We are wondering if anyone has had any specific issues with that upgrade and also how long the actual upgrade took. We are trying to coordinate downtime with our users. We have the 703t Windows 2003 server with about 1600 mailboxes. Our backups take about 45 minutes to run. Upgrade time would be assuming no problems.

I have upgraded numerous systems and have done so with no errors. Not like the old 1.07 and 2.02 systems.

run the upgrade utility. do not use the one that comes with your software, download the latest version from Nortel.

If you have a good backup that's good and you don't need to run one prior to your upgrade. The upgrade wizard will do that for you.

then just run the disk image and restore the backup when it asks you to do so.

All in all it will take about 3 to 4 hours to complete. I have done reimages on 600r servers and they take about 2 hours to complete, start fo finish.

John

Thanks John for the upgrade utility tip, I will do that. I am going to give my users a time frame giving me a couple hour cushion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back