Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot UM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarley

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
I am trying to install CallPilot UM Desktop Client on my laptop and I'm getting the error "Setup has detected CallPilot Server software. Nortel CallPilot Desktop Messaging cannot be installed on the CallPilot Server", any ideas? This is my laptop not the server.

ecarley...what version is your operating system on your lab top.and where is your labtop connected elan or the clan
it does make a difference,and what release is callpilot

hope this helps

strmwalker

In my case, WindowsXP pro, clan and 04.04.04

I uninstalled an older version of desktop messaging to install a newer version and now I can't put either one back and can't find anything that might be considered callpilot server software...

Fix one thing just to break another! But at least I'm not bored. ;-)

LeeMcCauslin...what version of callpilot desktop do you have
and what peps are load in your callpilot server?and do you have access to the nortel pep library to download peps and the new version of callpilot manager and the new version of
desktop messaging in so i can give you the peps and the new version you will need or you can tell your vendor about the peps ids i give you

strmwalker

My vendor is coming Friday night so we can do some after hours PEP installing for CallPilot. He's the one that gave me the new Desktop messaging - 4.04.04.18

My vendor thinks the current trouble might have something to do with the fact that the first time I installed desktop messaging I was using Outlook 2003 but since then we've upgraded to 2007. But he looked at our PEPs today and we are behind a couple there. Just didn't want to reboot voicemail and auto-attendants in the middle of the day so we're going to do that Friday night.

The funny thing about that, though, is my desktop messaging was working fine before I upgraded to 2007 and was STILL working fine after the upgrade to 2007 but the install won't work now after uninstalling the old Desktop Messaging to upgrade...And after I went through all that other stress to get outgoing faxes to work (with your great help!) - turn around and break it again less than a day later.
If the PEPs don't work we will roll back to Office 2003 and see if that makes a difference.

I'm just glad that this is all still only experimental on my computer and hasn't been rolled out to the rest of the company yet.

LeeMcCauslin..here we go this will work last long time if done in the order i give it to you have your vendor download the following peps CP40404SUO3S.EXE,CP404ACC001S.EXE,CP404S03G07C.EXE,CP404S03G23S.EXE,CP404SEC005S.EXE.LOAD THE PEPS AS FOLLOWS CP40404SU03S.EXE DO NOT RESTART SERVER LOAD CP404S03G07C.EXE
THIS PATCH WILL MORE THAN LIKELY TAKE CALLPILOT DOWN FOR A FEW MIN. AFTER ITS DONE LOADING REBOOT SERVER WHAT YOU JUST INSTALL WAS SERVICE UPDATE RLS 3 AND A NEW RLS OF CALLPILOT
MANAGER.THEN LOAD PEPCP404ACC001S.EXE REBOOT DONT LOAD ANOTHER PEP UNTIL YOU DO THIS PEP IS FOR PCANYWHERE.THEN LOAD CP0404S03G23S.EXE THIS IS FOR THE NEW DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME REBOOT THEN CP404SEC005S.EXE THIS ONE CAN TAKE UP TO AN HOUR TO DO IT HAS 54 HOTFIXES FOR MICROSOFT REBOOT.NOW THAT YOUR SERVER IS NICE AND HAPPY GET THE FOLLOWING DOWNLOADS FOR YOUR CLAN COMPUTERS CP404S03G02A THIS IS FOR APP.BUILDER THEN GET Desktop_4040418_English_19Jul2006.exe
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR DESKTOP MESSAGING AND TO GET YOUR FAX WORKING AGAIN.

HOPE THIS HELPS NO PROBLEMS ONLY SOLUTIONS

strmwalker

That's outstanding work. I'll send this info to him right now so he can get to downloading (if he doesn't already have them).

Thanks again Strmwalker!

LeeMcCauslin..let me know how it goes if done in that
order you should have no issues.and thank you for the
thanks.

strmwalker

LeeMcCauslin...one thing i forgot to tell you,make sure
you go into configuration wizard before you start the
peps and get a copy of your switch info like the dnbs
tnbs of all the agents and the ip addresses of your
ELAN and CLAN the patch for daylight saving time for
some reason nobody knows will wipe them out sometimes
and sometime it don't so to be on the safe side have a
copy of the info just in case.

strmwalker

LeeMcCauslin...well how did the peps go i have not heard
from all is ok i hope.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Peps went great. Got all the latest and greatest. Unfortunately, I still can't reinstall desktop messaging on my PC. I'm going through my registry and trying to delete any mention of Callpilot to see if that will make a difference.

OK - Went through registry 3 times and deleted every single reference to "callpilot" and deleted all folders on my hard drive that had anything to do with Callpilot and it worked. I succesfully installed desktop messaging back...

now to test faxing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back