Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot - Time of Last Login Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
CallPilot 2.02: Trying to get people to either use or lose their voice mailboxes. I.e. if you haven’t logged in in two years, can we free up the license please? Or, can I clean out the mailbox for you so you can start using it again? (Can’t buy more licenses on the EOL release…)

For one user, CallPilot says she hasn’t logged in in six years. But the mailbox says only five minutes of messages are built up. The user also claims she logs in daily. Her job is such that if she hadn’t logged into her mailbox in six years, there would likely be a couple hours of messages in the mailbox, not just five minutes, so I believe her on this.

I’ve checked and doublechecked that the correct DN is set up on her phone, and it matches the mailbox number.

Since the user is not having any problem, apparently, I’m not going to enlist her to help me figure this out. She’s not complaining, she has work to do, I don’t want to keep bugging her about this. But I will admit it’s driving me crazy! How can her CallPilot mailbox say “Time of Last Login: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:54:16 PM Pacific Time, Tijuana” and have it not be true???

This is more than academic. As part of my voice mail cleanup initiative here, I was prepared to delete some unused employee mailboxes without the user’s explicit consent. But now I doubt the integrity of the mailbox report itself. If the mailbox appears to be unused for years, I don’t want an employee calling saying “hey, what gives…I check that every day!” when I delete it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Is it possible the report you are seeing is "off" somewhat, or you are reading it incorrectly and the date you are looking at is actually the creation date?

Nah, doublechecked that too. Create date was about three years prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back