Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot thinks calling party is a subscriber

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Sorry for the lengthy post, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

I’m using CallPilot 2.0. Every once in a while, a user tells me that one of his or her calling parties is consistantly unable to leave a voice mail message. The symptom is that our CallPilot system announces to the caller “please enter your mailbox number,” or “please enter your password…” or some such thing, as if the caller was a mailbox subscriber. The user will then report that sometimes the party tries from his or her cell phone, and reaches the CallPilot voice mailbox with no problem. Typically, the problem occurs when the party is calling from their own office PBX.

This is a very isolated problem. The users in question receive voice mail messages just fine otherwise. The party calling claims they do not have this issue when making other general phone calls from their own office systems. But the problem is persistent from a specific calling party’s office phone and my user’s CallPilot mailbox (and, I assume, all mailboxes on my CallPilot system). This makes it very difficult to troubleshoot because I don’t have access to the calling party, or know what kind of system they use to be able to test or follow up.

I’ve been told this could be an answer/disconnect supervision problem, and/or a digit translation problem on the calling party’s PBX. Or possibly a CLID problem on the calling party's end. I've also been told if I change my PRI settings to DSEL from 3VCE (or VCE) this could help. I’ve been told I could possibly adjust the call timers in my system to help compensate. That makes me nervous.

I’ve tried adding all iterations of my user’s extension into his mailbox (Ext. 5555, DID 4445555, 94445555, NPA 9164445555, 19164445555….etc.), but I don’t honestly know if that has helped or not, because it’s hard to test.

Have any of you dealt with this? Anything work? If not, is there a logical, technical explanation that I can give my users? If I could by some miracle get the calling party’s telecom manager on the phone, what should I tell him or her to try?

Any ideas are much appreciated. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back