Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot skillset extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

joho0

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2007
US
We're using a BCM 400. We have a CallPilot skillset with the CDN set to an internal extension. Until recently that CDN was not in use (not connected to a physical extension) but I don't recall which internal port it was using. One of our admins accidentaly mapped a physical extension to the skillset CDN. Now when we call that skillset CDN internaly, it rings at the physical extension but the skillset doesn't pickup. If you call the external line then the skillset will pickup.

To try to fix this, I mapped the physical extension to another DN (one that's not in use) so it's no longer using the skillset CDN. Now when I call the skillset CDN internaly, it just rings nonstop. It doesn't ring at the physical extension aymore (which is good) but the skillset never picks up either (which is not good). Do I need to map the skillset CDN to a particular port for it to function correctly? What are the requirements for a skillset CDN so that it can be dialed internaly and have the skillset pickup?

Thanks

I think you can only transfer a call to a SS CDN amd not dial it directly.

I read that in other posts but I know this was working before we broke it. Any ideas?

As as aside question, since the CDN is not to be used as an internal DN, which DN range (and/or port range) should it be using. Does it matter?

if the skillset dn is the same as a dn assigned to a port(no set plugged in) (i use the companion dns so i don't use a port)
then you can call the skillset internally (may have to reboot systems after programming)

mike

Right. Probably missing the reboot since we are using a DN with no deskset. In this case, is there a particular port range that makes more sense to use or will any do?

Also, what's a companion DN? (total noob alert)

sorry you said bcm 400. companion (wireless sets) are not supported on the 4.0 but are on the 3.7 and under

should be able to use any port that has ext assigned to it ,even if no module installed

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back