Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Server Freezing Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
Got a weird one to run by you guys. Same customer with multiple CallPilot servers at different locations.

This customer has 8 CallPilots - Qty (5) 1005r servers on Rls 5, Qty (1) 201i on Rls 5, Qty (1) 703t on Rls 5, and Qty (1) 600r on Rls 5.

All servers are running the SU11 lineup of PEPs.

On 3 of the 1005r servers and on the 201i server, we have seen multiple instances where the server just freezes up. The ELAN drops and the server is unresponsive. You see the desktop of the server but the mouse and keyboard don't work and all you can do is push the button or power cycle it to get it back up.

We have not seen this issue on the other 2 1005r servers, the 600r server, or the 703t server.

Avaya hasn't provided anything useful but we are leaning towards some sort of DSP issue.

As we continue to look for a smoking gun, I wanted to throw it out there and see if any of you have ever come across this.

Is there anything strange in the Windows event viewer? We ran into this and the CallPilot application did not show anything. we go into the Event Viewer and saw what we didn't want to see.

The hard drive was returning bad sectors.

Our symptoms sound the same and a reboot would fix very temporarily, but eventually we had to install new hard drives and the problem went away.

there were no other indications of issues, other than those listed in the system section of the windows event viewer.

Hope this helps.

John

Janaya, that's part of the problem. We aren't seeing any errors in Event Viewer that we would consider a smoking gun. There are no errors within the timeframe of a freeze-up. And the 201i has only done it once back before the end of 2011. One of the 1005r servers did it last fall but has been solid since. One of the other 1005r servers has done it twice about 3 months apart and the last 1005r has done it once before the end of the year and then twice within the past month.

I agree that the most likely culprit would be hard drive or some other piece of hardware like the DSP board or something.

Janaya, maybe I spoke too soon. Were your errors pointing to hard drive issues Critical, Warnings, or Info? Does the following sound familiar in your case:

Event ID 40233 - Info:
Event from Multimedia Volume 1: Finished Audit: 24 Blocks Recovered

That's the start.....do you see any errors where blocks were not recovered? The symptom for us was the CallPilot, while still active and taking calls, would not respond when you Remote Desktop to the server, or work on the server. All server applications would slow to a crawl at best. We even reimaged and it would work for a few weeks then go down. Eventually a hard drive replacement restored to full working order. sorry for the late response, but just cut over a CS1000E MG1010 system. Pretty cool installation.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back