Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot restore individual mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I have CP 5.00.41. I want to restore an individual mailbox from a tape backup.

The path is---Backup restore tool-slect backup id-trp sytem backup (this is the tape)-then there is a "restore" button.

When I press the button, it tells me something like "this will restore your entire system to the time of the backup", which of course I don't want to do.

Question: How can I get into the tape and only restore a certain mailbox?

Thanks very much for any help, or just for reading! ;+)

I do not think you are going to be able to do this with a standard back up file. All the mailboxes are stored as one file, so its all or nothing I believe.

So I'll probably need to export the file to someplace on my network, then manipulate it there, I suppose. Thanks very much for your help, trvlr1! May God bless you and keep you in His care! :+) Have a terrific day!

It would work if you had done a user backup and not system backup

I know its too late now, but you should do a User Archive, then you can restore 1 mailbox if required. I do a user archive once a week, some guys say once a day but at least they are done.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Thanks much for all your help guys! I finally figured this out, with our network admin's help. You just have to:

Create a storage space on a server.
Open a browser, then log into Call Pilot.
*Note* This can't be done from the Call Pilot Manager console that's hooked up to the Call Pilot machine itself. However, that's the only way a total system backup can be completed.

When you log in, you can type "localhost" in the server box if you're communicating straight with the CP unit, or type in the IP address if you're on a PC on your network.

Then you just choose "Restore/Backup" from the "system" pull-down menu, then choose "user archive" from the pull-down menu, then perform a backup, naming it whatever you want. Pretty simple and slick!

God bless all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back