Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishelmo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2006
CA
hi Smart people - again...

My company's using Call Pilot 4 and I am trying to find out whether the call pilot ports we have is enough for the workload. I checked the Channel Usage Report, but it only gives me the number of calls that comes in in an one hour period for each channel. It doesn't tell me whether the system have enough resources "ports" to handle the calls...

Maybe I am thinking in the wrong direction, but can someone help me out?!

Thanks in advance!!

Fishelmo

In the Planning and Engineering guide for the Callpilot system, there is a default assumption for general ports. Most of the time it is right, but sometimes it is wrong.

If you look at the guide and depending on the type of business you have, you may find your answer there.

Also remember that CP agents are in a queue, so calls queue up and CP Agents answer any calls once they are freed up, so when you hear complaints from users that "I had to wait 10 Rings before I got into voice mail" that might be an indication of heavy usage. If that is a consistant scenario, you migth need to bump up the ports....

I have seen companies get by with 8 ports with a staff of over 150, and I also have seen companies have 60+ ports for a company of 80 users. I guess it depends on what it's used for.....

so there's no reports or no other ways to analyze whether the ports I have are enough for the call center operation? I am running a emergency call center and certainly I don't want the people to complain before I realize that there's not enough ports...

I am still looking at the Planning and Engineering guide.. any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

fishelmo...how many ports do you have in callpilot
and what size pbx are you using?how many trunks
do you have coming in?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Since Callpilot reporter does not have what you are looking for:

A PRI MONITOR can generate a report for calls comming in (all calls or to a specific number) on your PRI Loops.

See if you Vendor (Install one for a week) has that option for you to create a report (say a weeks worth of data) to a specific number that you are using for the call center.

Traffic reports on the PBX might show you blockage, usage of pri trunks but with a PRI MONITOR you could get all kinds of stats....

Thanks everyone for your help.

Actually in Callpilot Reporter, I run a "Service Quality Summary Report" and that seems to be what I need. However, here Voice Waited defined in the report means “Number of callers who waited for a voice channel” (Call Pilot Reporter Guide Page 82-83). Because in the guide, it only categorizes voice, fax, or SR (on Page 83), does that mean voice channel here means all Access ports, Give IVR ports, and voice messaging ports? Or it just means Access ports (defined in Symposium)?

In Symposium, we have 4 "Access ports" and 8 "IVR ports".

Is that mean only 4 callers can play announcements/RANs (Access ports) simultaneously? If there are more than 4 calls coming in at the same time, will the system allocate other channels from other services dynamically?

"IVR ports" are only for menu services, right?

Again, thanks for all your help!!!

Fishelmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back