Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Reporter Install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwoerner

Technical User
Aug 31, 2005
US
I installed cp manager and reporter on a stand alone web server(2003 running IIS 6.0). I had manager installed on the callpilot server itself, but needed to start using cp reporter. I installed cpmgr and cprpt with the same PEP's that was on my callpilot server, but I get the following error when trying to hit the <server>/cpmgr/ URL.

Active Server Pages error '00000000'

Create object failed

?

An error occurred while creating object 'oARC'.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ae'

Class doesn't support Automation: 'oARC'

/LM/w3svc/1/root/cpmgr/global.asa, line 44

kwoerner ....callpilot manager and callpilot reporter can
not be installed on the the callpolit server,it has to be installed on a seperate server.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Yes I know. "I installed cp manager and reporter on a stand alone web server(2003 running IIS 6.0)." CP manager is still installed on the callpilot server, but I need to start using reporter, that's where the stand alone web server comes in at...

***UPDATE***

Installing 5.0 version of cp mananger and cp reporter solved the problem. Another question though, Can I leave cp mgr installed on both the callpilot server (cpmgr 3.0) and the stand alone web server (cpmgr 5.0)?

Yes, you can leave them installed on their respective servers. I would load the new CP Manager on the Server. They should be backwards compatible.

There should be a version of Call Pilot MGR 04.04.04.05. Is that the one you used.

John

I installed CallPilot Manager version 05.00.41.30.

I have the same issue. The readme file for cpmgr 05.00.41.30 states that CP500s00G18s should be installed on the Call Pilot server during the installation of cpmgr 5.0.

My question is, did you install the PEP or did you only upgrade the standalone CPMGR to 5.0?

Thanks,

I did not install any PEP's, I just installed CPMGR 5.0 on the standalone.

My vendor tried installing Call Pilot Reporter on a stand-a-lone web server too and we get the same message.

According to the cprpt.ini file on the install disk, it states that it is "Version 04.04.04.00". The cpmgr.ini file states the same version.

Should I tell them to install Call Pilot Manager 5.0 to fix the problem and leave Call Pilot Reporter 4.0 on the server or should I have them install Call Pilot Report 5.0 too..??

thanks in advance.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

The PEP number you're looking for is: CP500S00G19C which includes both CallPilot Manager and CallPilot Reporter version 5.00.41.30.

CPMGR/CPRPT 5.0 is backward compatible with all previous versions of Callpilot from 2.5 forward. CPMGR/CPRPT 5.0 will not work with CallPilot 2.0 or prior. When installing CPMGR 5.0 it is recommended that you install another PEP (CP500S00G18S) on the CallPilot server prior to installing CPMGR/CPRPT 5.0 on either the CallPilot server or the stand alone server. When using CPMGR to adminster a CallPilot 2.5 installation you must install CP250S02L065 on the Callpilot 2.5 server in order to make them compatible (not relevant in any of the situations I read about above.)

CPRPT cannot be installed on the CallPilot server (as someone else already mentioned.)

If you're going to install CPMGR/CPRPT 5.0 I would recommend that you upgrade CPMGR on the CallPilot server to 5.0 also. This is not a requirement but is considered a best practice. I've seen very odd behavior caused on the system by the CPMGR not being up to date that would not otherwise appear to be related (we once had an MWI lamp issue that was fixed by CPMGR... that ranked high on my weird meter.)

dehlert,

You need at least the latest version of CPMGR/CPRPT in the 4.0 branch. You are not required to upgrade to the 5.0 in order to achieve functionality on your system. Whatever version of CPMGR you're running on your CallPilot server is what you should be running on the stand alone server.

CP404S04G22C is the latest CallPilot 4.0 CPMGR/CPRPT PEP and requires at least SU04 to be installed on your CallPilot to be compatible.

It sounds like you are probably not on the latest PEPs for your site. If you're having any problems I recommend that you bring your vendor in to it to have them load the latest patches.

Btw, if I'm not mistaken, County of Fresno uses AT&T for maintenance, and if I'm right, please do me a favor and flay them alive. They are neglecting their maintenance responsibilities to Nortel customers in Fresno in an effort to convert them Cisco ("see, your Nortel legacy systems are garbage, you should go with the latest in IP innovation and the market leader in business data networking... blah blah blah.")

I upgraded to CP 5.0 last night and everything went well except for reporter.

I upgraded the CPMGR on my web server to 5 but I am not getting the message in the system log saying connection successful. I get the following message:

Reporter Log - CallPilot

[80004005, Unspecified error, Description:
Unspecified error CDSJob::Run(): CP Server ping
failed, Source: CallPilot Reporter]
Status test for
CallPilot Server
System
Attendant 1011

I have logged on as 000000 administrator and I have tried to do the logout and erase command but I get the same message.

I can ping the CP server from the web server.

The OM is turned on.

Not sure what to check next. Can anyone offer their thoughts? Thank you!

Are you saying that you logged in to the CPMGR on the Callpilot reporter server using the admin account (000000) but that you cannot use the CPRPT module?

Have you tried using the IP address as the server name when logging in to the CallPilot Reporter server?

x11tech,

I pointed this thread out to my service provider and he doesn't think that this is our problem even though our error messages matches exactly what kwoerner posted.

My tech points to the following language in the Call Pilot Reporter guide:
Note: You cannot login to CallPilot Manager using the IP address when accessing Reporter on the web server. The CallPilot server and the web server must be on the same network segment. There must be no firewall between the CallPilot server and the web server.

Now, my Reporter server has an IP address of 172.29.11.31 while the CallPilot Server has an IP address of 172.17.69.12. I also have three other CallPilot Servers with IP addresses of: 172.18.137.5, 172.25.129.2, and 172.18.142.12. Will the fact that these are all on different subnets cause the problem..??

I find it hard to believe that Nortel would create a product (CallPilot Reporter) that can interface with multiple CallPilot Servers and they would all have to be located on the same network segment.

Any additional information would be appreciated..!!!

Just because your routers permit ICMP packets (PING) does not mean that they will permit traffic on all other TCP ports. Layer 3 switches can perform actions like a firewall these days. Perhaps your network team needs to be brought in to evaluate the network connectivity.

A sniffer like Wireshark could be placed on another computer next to your CallPilot reporter and you could sniff the wire for traffic to make sure that the connection attempt is responded to by the CallPilot servers. If they are being responded to (or if they are not being sent) then the problem is local. If the communication from your CPRPT server is being sent but not getting a response, your problem may be the network. (I hate this answer because I don't like to throw the network guys under the bus for something that might be a mis-configuration or installation issue on the server itself.)

I found the reference in the manual that your vendor referred you to, but I think the definition of "network segment" becomes the key.

Port requirements
The following ports must be enabled when using a firewall:
• TCP port 20 (FTP)
• TCP port 21 (FTP)
• TCP port 135 (DCOM)
• UDP port 135 (DCOM)
• TCP port 143 (IMAP)
• TCP port 389 (LDAP)
• TCP port 636 (LDAP)
• TCP port 993 (IMAP)
• TCP ports 1024 to 65535 (DCOM)
• UDP ports 1024 to 65535 (DCOM)

I found nothing in either the Planning and Engineering guide nor the Software Administration and Maintenance (installation of CallPilot reporter) that says that they must be in the same subnet.

Within the same network segment, in the scope of this documentation, I believe means within your network and not connected via network address translation or other means that would place CPRPT outside of your network.

I've had lots of problems with CallPilot reporter server where the customer did not adhere to the server requirements that we delivered to them in writing. I've rarely had network issues (but I have had them). Sometimes I occasionnaly get CPRPT mismatch with the CallPilot server (someone downloaded an earlier version of CPRPT than was compatible with the server.)

Regardless, if it were me I would at least insist that the latest CPMGR/CPRPT for your CallPilot version (4.0) is installed. These updates are done by Nortel to resolve known issues.

Perhaps after updating to the latest CPMGR your CPRPT issue will go away (remember, I've had a MWI issue that was apparently resolved by installing the latest CPMGR... no explanation why that was the case...)

Now, my Reporter server has an IP address of 172.29.11.31 while the CallPilot Server has an IP address of 172.17.69.12. I also have three other CallPilot Servers with IP addresses of: 172.18.137.5, 172.25.129.2, and 172.18.142.12. Will the fact that these are all on different subnets cause the problem..??

Should not be an issue at all as long as both the reporter server can find each of the CP's and the reverse is true.

Simple test: on any of the CP servers, log in via remote desktop and ping the reporter. If no response, tracert the reporter. that will let you know where the packet gets lost. reverse test from the reporter to each CP server.

If pings and tracerts go through in both directions with no issues, you have firewall/port blockage problems.

Thanks to all that have supplied information. One thing my technician said is that Nortel is wanting us to reinstall the OS from Windows Server 2003 SP2 to Windows Server 2003 SP1.

We are going to try that and if we still see the problem then I am going to have him try the information above.

Thanks again to all.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

The documentation collection for Callpilot 5.0 only says SP1 in one place that I could find. All other references to Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0 do not specify the Service Pack.

The SP1 reference is located in NN44200-600_01.02_ADM.pdf (CallPilot Software Administration & Maintenance) pg 44, a section entitled:
To configure Windows 2003 with SP1 for CallPilot Reporter
If you download the collection and search the collection with Adobe Acrobat for the term "Windows 2003" using the index (.pdx) you will see what I mean.

Having said that, now that you mention the SP2 vs SP1, I vaguely recall running in to something similar.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back