Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Reboot question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski123

Technical User
Mar 21, 2008
US
On an CallPilot release 2.02 is it advisable to reboot the server on a regular basis? The reason I ask is that we recently had an outage and the vendor told us the cause was that the system ran out of virtual memory that caused the system to stop processing calls. They also said that the hard drive was full and couldn't save any new messages.They had to delete obsolete files, log files and traces to free up some space on the hard drive. I know that this release is not supported by Nortel anymore but having trouble getting the customer to upgrade.

the bad thing about a reboot is what will the customer
do if it does not come backup?with that being said you
can tell your customer that nortel will work with you
trying to get the server backup on a best effort try
and the price for this is about $300.00 an hour at
the minimum cost of 5hrs which equals to $1500.00
with not guaranteeing it comes backup and they will
want a PO before they start.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Clone the internal drive. Use DRIVEXML to do it live and save it on a network share. As with any windows box, yes if it runs long enough it will crash. (run out of virtual memory). I don't know if 2.2 has the same options as mine, but check all of the mailbox classes and make sure that its set to "automatically delete messages older than 14 days" or what ever interval you choose, i only let them keep junk in the box for two weeks. I reboot my call pilot like once a year, ours seems pretty stable. But i wouldn't imagine you would need to more than once every 6 months, if you free up some resources.

Do you know what files they removed? I'm having the same problem with a 201i server rls 4.0.4. I've gone through all the temp folders, resized all of the log files from 16MB to 4MB and I'm still about 350MB short. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to repartition the Hard Drive and make the c: larger.

Our maintenance vendor said they removed obsolete log files and traces. This freed up about 478 MB. They then rebooted the system and everything came back in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back