Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Possessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinswin

Technical User
Aug 6, 2001
US
I have a BCM 400 w/Call Pilot. Everything was working fine for 2 months. Then over the past week all lines ring a half ring and go directly to the Gen. Del. mailbox. Ususally we just have our main line (061) get answered by AA after 0 rings. Now however all lines with the exception of our mail line goes directly to gen del. Line 061 still gets answered by AA.

This morning I reinitialized the CallPilot, setup mailboxes, setup new greetigns, new CCR, and the same thing occurs.

When I reset the Callpilot a 2nd time, and dialed one of the non-AA lines the line rings once and then disconnects. This is before I've set anything up in Callpilot a 2nd time, but I thought it was curious.

Note: I am not a telephone wiz, just the poor sap who got stuck with trying to learn the system, so please be patient.

THanks for letting me vent!!

Jeff W

Note: When CallPilot is disabled in BCM unified Manager, all lines ring and can be answered normally. I would assume that everyone knows that, but there may be techs out there like me!!

Turn off Gen. Del. mailbox and see if that makes a difference.

How do I turn off Gen Del. Mailbox? When I try to delete it says it can't.

JEff

Configuration
System Properties
Enable General Delivery Mailbox (remove Check Mark)

Did that and now I get "The person you have called is not available....."

This happens on all lines.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Dear skinswin,

If you have mailboxes. Check their capacity. Or check (IF busy) option for the lines in Trunk/line data.

Alaa

Alaa,

Mailboxes are empty, I just initialized system again. Lines aren't busy, when this occurs.

Jeff

An extension where the lines are ringing is forwarded to voicemail (CP)
Is the VMDN part of a ringing group
Are the lines assigned to the VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back