Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot playing PART of old company greeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloysius81

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2008
GB
Forgive me if someone has raised this before - couldn't find anything on a forum search though...

We are running a BCM 400 with 4.0 software. We have recently had some company greetings professionally recorded to replace our old ones, so I uploaded the files and altered our CCR trees to use the new greetings.

We have one greeting that basically says the offices are closed and gives our office hours. This plays fine, but then when it's done we get the end of the old message as well! I can't understand why this is happening as these are greetings 12 and 100 and the CCR tree is definitely set to 100!

Anybody experienced this before or know of a fix?

Thanks!

Sounds to me like you are hearing an AA greeting and then the CCR greeting after. Which is one didnt get saved properly or re recorded to fit the new greeting..ie AA is new, CCR is old!! Check that!!

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J.G.

You either have the ccr tree turned on or the AA menu prompt is playing. If the ccr is on, turn it off but if it is off,you have to record silence in the AA menu prompt.

Check the custom greeting at the bottom of the greeting table.

CCR tree's don't use greeting numbers.
If you don't have a CCR tree attached to non-business greeting, you're hearing the Auto Attendant Menu Prompt.
Check the greeting table and see if the box is checked for custom. Just uncheck the box and you'll get Nortel Nancy prompting to dial zero for the attendant, # for the company directory, yada yada.
If you don't want anything after the Non-business greeting, you'll have to enable custom and record some silence.

-SD-

Her name is really Joan. Its true, saw a show where there were these people that do voices and she was one of them.

Betty in the Box..

Lol..

Anyways, if during the night time in the Table programming, do you have a CCR Tree optioned? If not and it's set to None, then the AA Menu Prompt of that table will play..

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back