Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Outbound fax problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuanpicto

Programmer
May 27, 2005
GB
We have recently had our vendor in to set this up, but they do not seem to have a clue. We have been able to set the system up so that inbound faxes work a treat and go into my outlook. But sending outbound faxes is prving to be a nightmare. The vendor is asking me questions about the callpilot system, why i do not know, as i havent the foggiest! The error we are getting is this

An outgoing connection could not be made with the destination. Please try sending the message later.

When i monitor the channels nothing happens. So i am diagnosing that the fax isnt even reaching the channel. I am now at a loss and am just changing settings in the callpilot manager without having a clue what it does.

Is there any sort of firewall rules we need for this to work? We enable all outbound from the desktops so that cant be stopping things.

Any help greatly appreciated.

1st thing to do is change vendors, then check the rpl's to make sure 9 plus the number is allowed. also check the ncos of the acd agents that are the mail ports. they have to be high enough to make that call..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John.

sorry to ask but the RPL is the restriction permission list? This is set to "Local" all numbers 0 through 9 are in the permit list.

Apologies I don't know what the NCO's are or how to check them with regards to what you mention.

With regards to the vendor, I believe we are going to move away from them once our maintenance contract is up.

Thanks again for the help

Right managed to get it working. The problem was that the primary suffix dns on the callpilot server was not filled in. Basically the fax out was trying to resolve against the callpilot server lan card that is not on the public lan. Thus it could not reslove the computer by name. Adding in the domain suffix got it all working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back