Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot on Desktop (Can´t send message)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ospe

Programmer
Nov 17, 2005
VE
I´ve got a CP 4.0, And I configured Desktop messaging with outlook, I just can receive fax and voice messages on outlook, But I cannot send them. the customer has a private domain (without .com), The FQDN and the whole CP server name are the same. The mailboxes are as follow: 12125693300@192.20.20.2 (VPIM+Mailboxnumber@CPIpAddress), When I work with the format: (VPIM+Mailboxnumber@FQDN), I cannot even receive messages.

The customer has a exchange server for internal e-mails, And They use the Internet service provider (ISP) for external e-mails. I put in the Outgoing SMTP Mail/Proxy Server customer exchange server. I dont knoe If I am missing something

The FQDN cannot be a local domain, it needs to be the regular .com name.

I am having a similar problem in which I can receive messages but when I try to send fax messages to an outside number I get this error message from Callpilot Desktop messaging client.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

Subject: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:01:01 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
"Unknown" <VPIM="FAX=9,,3017903349"/callpilot.
Reason: An outgoing connection could not be made with the destination. Please try sending the message later. (22)

I have tried sending the fax with 9, 9 and no comma and without 9 at all. Also the FQDN that I am using is the domain of my isp, is that incorrect, what should I be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back