Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAllPilot not working after removing one port to be used as a DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Hello All
Hope everyone is doing well in these hectic times!!!
I have a client that has a CICS with an expansion card in it so the total DN's is 24. However 2 are used for the CallPilot. I needed to add a person to the office phone system as they already have 22 DN occupied and the client is not at a point to upgrade so I suggested that I would take one of the ports that was servicing the CallPilot and use it for then needed extension.
Extension works however the CallPilot does not answer calls on the AA anymore. Should I put the port back and then power cycle the CAllPilot or is there a deeper configuration issue I need to look at in programming.
Many thanks to all in advance for any suggestions
Best regards
Datajockey123

My thoughts were to put the extension ports bad in their original place and if necessary to reboot the CICS

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

You may have disconnected the primary DN on the CP100?
Put the wiring back exactly the way it was, reboot CP then do F985 and see what the DN is.
Go to Maintenance and see what port that DN is on.
Disconnect the OTHER (secondary) port and test Callpilot.
Check any set to see it's Forward No Answer is pointing to the correct DN.
Use that secondary now available port for the digital set.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back