Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot not giving MWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad69cat

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2010
US
We lost power a few days back and I'm pretty sure the CallPilot (600R) server lost power but the PBX (OPT 81) did not.
I thought CP was working OK when it booted back up becuase it picks up and you can do the normal things. But people started complaining about MWI light being on and no VM's? I have been just doing them manually. Apparently it's not lighting the MWI when they do leave VM's either? Thoughts? I'm not that familiar with CP to start with.... I've been lucky it's been working all these years!

OK - Ill give it a shot. One of the error logs I see does say to reboot..... xing my fingers!'

I can not get logged into that server.... sigh. Apparently I don't have the right name/PW? I can get into the client, but it does not give me any server functionality to restart it that I can see?
Any idea who I can call for support on these things any more? My old provider has gone out of business apparently. I think thier tech knew the P/W to get into it.....
I don't want to just yank the power cord, particularly since I can't get into the thing! sigh.....
PAIN

I did this once with a program that resets all the Windows passwords. DO NOT DO THIS. There are unpublished logins/passwords within the Call Pilot that have to stay intact. This was assistance offered by our PC/Server team.

If you know you have a good backup, you could rebuild the server. It would take 3-4 hours then restore the last user backup. You would also need the latest service update and security patches to do this as well, or at least the same as you have now.

Can you get into the Call Pilot Manager? You may be able to reset the administrator password in the Config Wizard, but there was a release level where this changed. You had to know the previous password to do this.

I know none of this is what you want to hear. The 600r is pretty stout. A power cycle, where you hold the power button, can be done. I've done it before with no issues, but you have errors, and it's a Windows box so it's almost a coin toss.

Check the configuration wizard, remember you can cancel out anytime you are in there by just clicking on cancel. If you change anything, it will require a reboot.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

If the manager option does not work its windows 2003 so Winternals used to do a thing called ERD Commander which had a locksmith lets you pick the account you wish to reset/set a password on. Think it then got replaced or bought up by Microsoft and now its replaced by the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Tools (DART). I have used ERD Commander in the past to reset the Admin account on a Callpilot so its an option, I though it wasn't working but it was because I wasn't setting a strong enough password (trying to make it simple for myself), I used the Callpilot default and then straight in.

Absolutely. If you have a mechanism that allows you to pick the user account to reset, that would be the way to go. Check with your PC/Network group to see if they have something.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Search around as you can find free versions now it was ERD Commander 2005 that did Win Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back