Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot - No Web Browser Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
CP 100

I programmed the whole CP then changed the IP to match the network, would not connect.
IT gave me another IP address (changed the last segment for 250 to 100)
I could connect from laptop in board room and trained administrator.
Administrator then said it did not work on their PC
I tried board room again, nothing
Tried my own laptop, nothing
I could ping it and CP LED's show connected
Upgraded to 3.1, nothing still.

I deemed it a cabinet issue and ordered another one.

I just found it strange I can ping it, LED's on but cannot connect which you would think points to software issue... but I upgraded it.

Then

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

sounds like an IP conflict. Unplug the network and ping again. See if you get a response.

Marv ccna

Thanks Marv

I had tried my laptop direct with cross-over to see if it was indeed their network but I could not connect then that's when I decided to do the upgrade...and confirmed the IP/Subnet while watching hyeprterminal.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ok I returned today to install the new cabinet.
Power down
Swapped software
Power up
Change IP address
Test
OK on their network

Left site, got an email lost browser connection.
Called contact but she answered instead of AA
CP Down!!

Walked her through replacing with brand new patch cord and moving to another port then reboot.
All ok

Except the dreaded email again an hour later.

Going back tomorrow but this time I suspect the PCMCIA card is corrupt so going to replace it.

My only concern is Nortel Guy and his video states at the 2:15 mark about some other tech telling him changing it via serial may cause corruption but I do not know if they meant the cabinet or card.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I've never gotten corruption changing the IP address through the serial port, but I'm sure it's possible. I always dreaded seeing Exception 1000 while watching a CP bootup through the serial port. A handful of times I was able to clear this error by reprogramming all the IP info before it got to Exception 1000. That might be the corruption they're referring to in the video.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

I replaced the feature card on Tuesday and started programming mailboxes, after a dozen mailboxes the system crashed and became inactive.
I replaced the 100 with a 150 and inserted same feature card, system came up but F981 displayed "Exiting"
Performed REINSTALL
Programmed from scratch
All ok days later

It appears as if 2 faulty replacement cabinets in a row, 1st one with losing http access and 2nd with full crashing.

I guess it does not like swapping software from 100 to 150, is this normal?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

This is true from scratch but the book says you cannot backup from 100 and restore to a 150 and why I thought maybe once you program something the software is then imprinted as 100.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back