Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot network backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckster99

Technical User
May 7, 2007
US
I have an HA Callpilot 5.0 and when setting up a new network backup, I have a backup server that has other drive letters defined. My questions is can I setup the backup to go to the H: drive on the backup server or does it have to go on the C: drive of the backup server. If it is possible to send to the H: drive, please send instructions.

I know usually you would configure network backup location as such

\\192.168.48.50\CPBACKUP

But need to know if I can do the following

\\192.168.48.50\H:\CPBACKUP

or

\\192.168.48.50\H:CPBACKUP
(or something that will get to the H: drive)

normally, you created the share folder where ever you want the backup to go to...CPBACKUP would be the share folder on the H drive. Then in callpilot you define the path as \\192.168.48.50\CPBACKUP - all backups would go to CPBACKUP located on H drive

A word of warning: When Callpilot backs up, it changed the backup file name each time. The reason is that it is using a time and date format.

So what?

If you have limited disk space, you will fill it. You will need to ensure that you administer the backup directory.

Thanks yyrkroon, that worked. And yes DFKSydney you are correct and I am well aware of the need to maintain the backups.

You can set the number of backups retained in your Callpilot Backup parameters.
Use max. archive number for overwriting: CheckBox
Max. archive number for overwriting: 6

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back