Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

callpilot network backup not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

uofm

Vendor
Aug 21, 2006
US
This is a callpilot 201i running 4.0 software. When I try to do a backup I keep getting an error message stating that "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request." Just for the heck of it I tried mapping a network drive on the server to the PC that the backup is going to and I get the same error message. If anyone can give me some words of wisdom on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Struggling process wise but....

When you mapped the network drive did you:

1:Create a share on that drive?

2: In the backup / restore util;ity on the CP create the path to that network share?

3: Create on the network machine an appropriate logion / password for the CP to use?

4: Give the network share the appropriate permissions?

try the login ID as:

server\user

example:

mybackupserver\userID

Also on Release 4, if you are running SU04S, then you have to have the Service Pack 2 patch (SP2S) installed. Otherwise network shares won't work, hence the backup won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back