Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot mini ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztech

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
Stupid question but I want to be positive seeing I have only installed the 150's on Norstars

Is a Callpilot mini
Callpilot 100/150
the same thing?

someone wants to put one on an Option 11C rls 24

It's only dialtone-VZ

The Callpilot mini is used for Option 11.
It use 8 Digital ports(4 phisical and 4 virtual)

Does the NIC interface work the same as a Norstar Call Pilot 100/150. In other words, crossover cable, IP 192.168.110.10, and the GUI the same?

Adversity is Opportunity

You don`t set up by digital set
only by browser
the differences between the mini and 100/150 are:
Mini only have one AA
lines are set up in Opt. 11 for autoattendant answering
Rest is similar

Thanks, but just to be 100% clear. Does it talk through the NIC the EXACT same way as CP 100/150. We get no activity lights, no matter what type of cable or IP we use. Do you think the NIC is bad?

Adversity is Opportunity

ok
You need crossover cable
You need configure your laptop with a IP address of same segment like callpilot IP address
i.e: callpilot IP address: 192.168.110.10
laptop ip address: 192.168.110.2
default gateway: 192.168.110.10

then, open your browser at: 192.168.110.10
you are in

default password is 0000
then you must change it

anyone know the part number for a CP mini?

all I can find is the 100/150's on ebay.

I thought 100/150's were mini's

It's only dialtone-VZ

Thank You more. Then it's the exact same as a Call Pilot 100/150 in that respect. My partner is telling me it's (Call Pilot 150 Mini) working on an MICS, is this possible?

Adversity is Opportunity

vztech:
NTHY06BA.. 8Ch,20 VM

Deweyhumbolt:

CP 150/MINI only works with OPTION 11

Well, we got us a situation. My partner is a good tech. He swears he is looking at a Call Pilot Mini. He says it looks the exact same as a Call Pilot 100/150 on the outside. The only difference is on the inside. He says it has 4 RJ11 connections and is printed with Call Pilot 150 Mini. It is attached to an MICS.

He can program through the telset like any Norstar product but is unable to get the NIC RJ45 to work. Very strange. I'll email him this thread, and get his reaction.

Any reaction morenot?

Adversity is Opportunity

Here is my partners response:

I have not pulled the line cords out but what I have done to insure that I am talking to that vm is powered down the CP 150/Mini - got the "inactive feature" when I try a F981, 983, 985, 982. Power back on everything works again.

The building only has 2 phone systems in it -

CICS with a CallPilot 100 (which I have checked over)
MICS with a CallPilot 150/Mini

I have check both though to the hilt and I am 1000% sure I am talking to the 150/Mini
I have done a lot programming changes for this customer in the past but this is the first time they have needed to attach to the data port.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? is there a Call Pilot 150 Mini that has Norstar software?

Adversity is Opportunity

The CP 150/Mini is new? or recently changed.
It was working?

He can ping to CP?

if not, he can attach his laptop with hyperterminal by serial cable to serial port, On the power ON of Callpilot he can see the callpilot Ip address.
Connect laptop with crossover cable to data port and browser at callpilot IP address.
Default password is 0000.

If he see only one Greeting Table, then it is Callpilot mini (option 11)
if not, then it is callpilot 150 (Norstar) or

if he see Line Answering menu, then it is Callpilot 150.
if not, then it is Callpilot Mini.

It has been and is working. All programming has been done through telset. Now, he needs to get the GUI working and there are no activity lights with or without a crossover cable. I've already mentioned to him about the serial connection. I'll reinterate that move, and tell him to use telset programming to see if there is more than 1 Greeting Table.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks Morenot

It's only dialtone-VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back