Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot Migration on new platform and new CS1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcetranquille

Technical User
Feb 13, 2006
FR
Hello guys,

I currently have a CS1KS with a callpilot 201i releas 4.0
USers will move on a new CS1KE with a callpilot 600R release 5.0.. I was wondering if it s possible to do a platform migration from 201I to 600R to keep Voice message, greetings ....

Thanks
Regards

(it's really the same thing what happens in the background) but in the the book says migration:

go to page 83 of the "Avaya CallPilot® Upgrade and Platform Migration Guide"

you backup the data on the existing, then restore on the new server, but you have to run the 5.0 upgrade wizard on the OLD 201i, as it creates the backup for you. so make sure you follow the steps.
so, you will run the 5.0 upgrade wiz on your 4.0 CP system,

so go with Migration. the UPGRADE wizard will advise you once you put in your new keycode (as part of the upgrade, that a new platform is the destination system)

and skip the language validation as that might stop your upgrade if you don't' have a DVD drive on the old Callpilot.

good luck.

and since both will be around, if the migration fails, you still have the old one to try again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back