Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Message Distribution to Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonauser

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2009
US
I have been asked if it is possible to send a specific message to a list of cell phones (12 local cell numbers). The requester would like the message to play when the cell phone is answered. For example: if there is an emergency and the department head wants all technicians to report to a site at a specific time, he would send out the same message to all of the numbers on the list and it will play on the cell phone when it is answered.

I know that a Distribution List will put a message in the mailbox of an existing voicemail box but I can't get it to work with an outside number. I have CallPilot 5.0. Any suggestions?

I gave him that option but he wants to know if it can play the actual message when they answer the phone. I know there are companies that offer this feature for a fee (usually so many minutes per month) but I was just curious if CallPilot could do it.

Yes - it's called Delivery to Telephone.
With the outcalling and the RPL's set up correctly you should be able to compose a message and send to an external number.
For your purpose you could enter all the external cell phone numbers in as Directory Entry Users (not Local users). For the ext DN use 9+external number.
Then you can add those Directory users into either a static distribution list or, better yet, a dynamic didtribution list based on department.
Then you can log into your mailbox, compose a message addressed to the SDL and send.
Each phone will receive a call and hear "You have a message from <personal verification>. To play the message press 2."

This would not be good for mass calling to a huge number of phones but okay for 10 or 20 key people. Also depends on how many channels your CallPilot has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back