Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot manager network settings error

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlab

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
GB
thread1361-1436800

When I try and log in to Callpilot I get the following message:

A network problem was encountered. Please check your network settings.

I used to work and I don't know of anything that's changed.

Can anyone help? Complete newbie to phone systems... sorry!

Carla

Either restart the voicemail service under "service manager" or reboot your bcm.

Thank you, I will this shortly and let you know. I'm not convinced it's a simple as that though because one machine has, apparently, had this issue for about a year and I know that during that time.

Thanks

I've tried this and am still getting the same error message. The annoying thing is that every so often it lets you in and you can see the links but then kicks you out after about 30 seconds!

Any more help would be appreciated!

Thanks

As far as I know the system is all updated. But, and I'm ashamed to admit this, I don't know what F983 is?

Sorry

Can u get in via telset programming?

In BCM Monitor does it show your PEC Cards working normally?

What alarms are u getting if any?

Did u reboot the system or just restart the vmail service in the service mgr table?

BCM Monitor shows PEC cards as enabled and slot no. 1 shows 30% and the other 3 show 0%.

I rebooted the system.

Not sure where I'd find alarms, and haven't tried telset programming.... to be honest, I don't know what that is either.

I'm really sorry, our local telecom company set up/support the system but they're saying that the fault is with the network and will charge to come in. I'm the network manager and I wondered if there was anything I could do to try and fix it. I wonder though if it's all a little over my head! Thank you for your patience

Is the bcm in a different subnet,vlan? Could be a route problem.
Connect to the OAM port and if you don't encounter the network problem it's definitely what your interconnect told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back