Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot manager can't connect after PBX INI

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
Our Option 81 had an INI last night, and while checking our applications this morning I found that when I try to log into CallPilot manager I get the message, "Failed to connect to the CallPilot server. Check server configuration and try again. If this problem persists the server may be improperly configured [ -2147467259]".
I logged into the server itself and ran the setup wizard and it told me that the CP database service name was not synchronized with the current computer name. It went on to say the wizard has to reboot the server in order to resynchronize the database name with the computer name. Is this why CPManager can't connect? Is it normal to have to bounce CallPilot after an INI of the PBX?

We haven't had an INI since we've been on CallPilot (2006). I won't be able to bounce the server until after production hours today so hopefully this won't impact normal CallPilot operations for the users & CCM.

Thanks for any insight,

Greg

No, a PBX ini has nothing to do with the functionality of CP manager. That is not normal.

This is usually caused by someone changing the machine name from within Windows, and not through the config wizard. This can lead to corruption, and problems down the road.

I would verify the machine name, and reset it if necessary using the config wizard.

Thanks for the replies.

I called our vendor and they bounced the CallPilot AOS and CallPilot Notification services and we're able to access CPManager again.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back