Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot loses programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

redswine

Programmer
Aug 10, 2005
US
I have a MICS with a CallPilot, I don't know the software of the phone system but the CP is the latest revision. MICS used to have Applications Module that died, replaced it with a CP years ago with no problems for years. CP died 2-3 years ago and was replaced, worked fine for awhile. Then one day it lose all it's programming. I re-programmed and put it on a UPS. 6-9 months went by and it lost programming again. Then it happened more and more frequently until I was reprogramming every 1-3 months until I eventually replaced it in September. I just got a call this week that it had lost it's programming again. There's been no power outages or anything and this is completely baffling me. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

Were you using the same software card in all cabinets?

For 4 of them to go it sounds like almost a power issue on site. maybe surges.

Check if the outlet is dedicated with proper amps/volts by a qualified electrician.

Is there a lot of power surges?
You need an "ONLINE" surge UPS and not just battery backup....they are 3 or 4 times the price.

Attaching a laptop into the UPS might tell a story, check the alarms.

Did you replace the CP power supply? original faulty 9 volts were replaced by 8 volts.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The Call Pilot 100 & 150 programming is held in the sleeve portion of the software. If that is bad, you won't hold programming.

Get yourself a new compact flash adapter sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back