Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot locks up outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsCall

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2006
US
Hi All,
I am having a problem with CallPilot. When a user is in the office, connected to the LAN, CallPilot is working fine. When the user is at home connected to their home network (not using a VPN), when they start OutLook, CallPilot is trying to contact the BCM50 phone system and locksup OutLook. The only way to get it to work is to not be connected to any network when you start Outlook. Then CallPilot gives you a meaningfull message and you can cancel and continue loading outlook. Any solutions to this?

what errors are you getting in the cp?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The only error message comes up when not connected to any network at all. Then CP tells me "Your computer does not appear to be connected to the network. Would you like to retry connection?" This is fine. I can press cancel and Outlook will start fine. When I am connected to my home network, not the office network, Outlook locks up with no error messages.

enable outlook offline message store and your problem should go away. Its a known problem with Desktop Messaging and Outlook in offline mode.

Did you ever resolve this issue..I am having the same one. There sia athread referring to opening ports on the firewall which is related to this issue..please let me knwo if you solved it..
jay

To reduce the lock out time I made the following change in the registry.
+HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+Software
+Nortel
+CallPilot
+Desktop Messaging
PING Value data to 0

Unless I am associated to a wireless network it can reduce the lockout time, in my case down to 10 seconds.

I am having the same problem as InsCall and the solution posted by RSERNAJR makes my computer go ahead and open Outlook after 10 or so seconds as RSERNAJR indicated. I have looked for the setting suggested by Janeenaj and cannot locate anything like it - does anyone know anything more about this solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back