Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Intermittent connection issues - BCM50 + Outlook2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandster

Programmer
Jun 28, 2006
GB
I am having a problem with Intermittent connection issues with outlook2003 and Callpilot from the BCM50. Sometimes it works and somtime it does not. When it doesn't work it locks up outlook starting for a while until it states the server is unavailable. Call Pilot and the outlook clients are on different VLANS and I have tried routing through Windows Server 2003 with a multiport NIC and also the netgear layer 3 managed switch but the problem persists.

needs to be on the same broadcast domain, if your dual nic "router" will pass a broadcast (unicast) it could work. at times your running into a nds problem? that is based on history, not knowing your neetwork or setup.. replace that dual nic with a router, setup some defaut gateways, turn the broadcask into a directed packet.. or talk to a real network guy, meaning not me.. i do as little networking as i can get by with, but can usually find my mistakes..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back