Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eunderkoffler

Technical User
Apr 8, 2008
US
We currently got two critical errors but I'm not sure what they mean nor how to go about fixing them. I looked at the hard drive spaces and all looks ok with that.

Here are the following errors:

40241 Alarm Set Critical Multimedia Volume [1,] Multimedia volume is 96 percent full (loc=87)

and

40592 Alarm Set Critical Fault Management Service [DCOM] Event from [] , Event: ID=10005, Description: DCOM got error "%1058" attempting to start the service vds with arguments "" in order to run the server: {7D1933CB-86F6-4A98-8628-01BE94C9A575} .

idk about the second one, but I would be dumping some VMs out of mailboxes on the first one

Mato' Was'aka

96% FULL!? You need to do an audit right away. Set the "delete Read Messages" to 7 days in each class of service. Put out a email to everyone to delete ALL OLD messages. If they "have to" save any, send them to Radio Crack for a recorder and handset adapter.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Is there a way to see what % of hard drive space that VMs are using?

And also, how do you do an Audit? Never had to do one before.

Here's the goofy thing. I don't think they have the same tools as Meridian Mail. They put those all in that program we all love "Call Piot Reporter"

Also you can have enough drive space, but the Call Pilot as well as Meridian Mail can be storage hours driven:

Software Release=4.00
Product Features=
Platform: 201i Op Sys: WinNT4 Srv
Switch: Meridian 1 Conn-Mech: CTI
CHANNELS
Voice: 12 Fax: 0 SPR: 0 MPUs: 12
MAIL BOXES
Voice: 200 Fax: 0 Dsktp: 0 SPRec: 0
STORAGE Hrs: 350
LANGUAGES V Prompt: 6 SPRec: 3
Features: (None)
LDAP Synchronization NO

This was a standard system so I would think that you shouldn't be near 96%. If you need to free up some space, there was a patch or SU out there that freed up space to add Service Pack 2 to the Call Pilot and you could run that in order to free up space.

But as stated above, tell the user group that you are firing their digital assistant and all old messages are going to be cleaned from the system.

Server Version 04.04.04
Switch Type SL100
Platform Type TRP 1002rp
Switch Connectivity T1-SMDI
Number of Channels 96
Number of Voice Channels 32
Number of Fax Channels 0
Number of Speech Recognition Channels 0
Number of DSP Ports 12
Number of Mailboxes 2500 1028
Number of Fax Messaging Mailboxes 0 0
Number of Desktop Messaging Mailboxes 2500 1025