Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot greetings help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

geewizard

Technical User
Oct 5, 2011
US
I've got a Nortel opt 61c with CallPilot Manager running on a PC. I do regular work on this system (moves, adds, changes, voicemail box setup, etc) but I just don't know how to get into CallPilot Manager and record a new main greeting. According to the manuals, I'm supposed to look for Voice within Manager, specify a phone number, and then click Dial. I don't know where to find that.

Anyone give me some hints?

I'm a newbie as well, so I'll try to suffer along with you!

Your greeting may be listed under a few different areas. Once you are logged in and running Callpilot mgr, on the left side, click Auto-Attendant, click Company Greetings, then look for a Company Greeting that has a Status of "Recorded". If it is recorded, click on Voice, and then you will get the screen you mentioned earlier that will allow you to record a new greeting after dialing an extension.

You may also find the greeting in the Custom Call Routing section. So out on the main screen where you see the options on the left side, click Custom Call Routing, then on Tree1 or 2 or whatever, click on Change and see if you find the recording in there.

VPSG, thanks.

I don't have anything on the "left side", nor Auto-Attendant, etc. All my menus are at the top. This is CallPilot Manager, version 02.01.27.15.

And evidently I need to get into Application Builder to change things.

what kind of phone system is it?

Nortel opt 61c with Nortel CallPilot....

You will probably need to use Application Builder to search for what you need. After you log in to Call Pilot, the main screen menu has a choice for this, but you do have to have the application separately installed on the PC you are trying to access it from.

thanks, trvlr1.

When I attempt to start Application Builder, I get an error message saying that it cannot connect to the server.

Have you downloaded the software to your PC and have you tried to launch it from the main CP screen once you have logged in, I do not believe you can do it any other way.
The software should be on one of the discs that came with your CP installation software

Sorry I took so long to reply.

I downloaded the software onto the CP PC and now launch it from the main screen. Works great!

Now I have to learn more about working in App Builder! Any suggestions for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back