Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot FAX without CLAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelcs100e5

Technical User
Oct 30, 2007
Hi all, i have installed a Callpilot 600r release 5 with CS1000M rls 5 with 40 Fax messaging license also. Now to setup Fax messaging(to receive Fax msgs into outlook) i need a CLAN IP which customer dont wants, i mean they dont want some other device on there LAN for some security purposes but also wants to use FAX messaging. What other option do i have to install Fax messaging without CLAN or with other option which doesnt involved customer LAN.

nortelcs100e5..does the customer know they have the fax
license and did they pay for them if so if they choose
not to put callpilot on their network well tell them
thank you for paying for something you can use.the answer
to your question is NO CALLPILOT CANNOT SEND FAX MESSAGES
WITHOUT THE CLAN.if the customer is so worried about security all they have to do is do what nortel suggest
and put a router between the clan and their network
that way both sides are protected .

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Router between Callpilot and there network?? Sorry i am not a skill ful Data guy what will router do in between CP and there LAN.

It will allow you to control the traffic that passes both ways to and from the router...

Pbxpoweruser...here is your stars very well put thank
you.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back