Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot extension is busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyediceclay

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
US
Hi all, I'm running a BCM 400 with CallPilot, I was able to call the voicemail system using Intercom 450, now it's says busy, the only way to access voicemail is using Feature 981. Anyone have a clue what I did (cuz I sure don't)?

Thanks

Use BCM Monitor to look at how many and what is the DN, it's under onwe of the TABs, I think the 2nd from left.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Thanks Ace, The Voice Ports tab shows:

Resource Limit - 6
Enabled - 6
Assigned - 6
Active (on call) - 0

The right side window shows:

Voice Mail - group DN 449
The DN's are 445-450

I tried dialing 449 and it said Not Allowed, the other 5 DN's say Busy

Reboot yes, current patches no, I don't have access to patches as I'm not a partner.

if you look at a set what is the ext that it is call forwarding to?

you can also verify via Callpilot Manager under Switch properties

program a button on the F*3 > F981

For all sets the call forward on no answer is 450, and now I'm noticing that calls not answered just continue to ring. I tried changing it to 449 but that just drops the call entirely.

Im with Dasheen youll need to bring that system current on the patches. There has been a known issue where the vm ports do lock up.

I agree that needs to be done. Any other ideas for an immediate solution? Here's what the Switch Properties show:

Switch Properties
Digits per Extension: 3
Voicemail DN: 449

Definitely should be 450... what determines what port it listens on??

youll need to update the FNA on the phones to 449

just keep mind 6 sessions into voicemail can be active at one time:
this includes any calls going into the auto attenant, people logging into vm, calls being directed to vm.

do you have any ip sets? what is the config set to 3/5 or 2/6?

if no ip sets and config is 2/6 up the # of vm ports

I think I have 2/6 DD, and I do have IP sets.

I tried updating the FNA to 449, the call just drops when CallPilot is supposed to pickup.

on my systems the Vmail would be 445 and the rest would be 446-450, try calling 445

Ace, all the other DN's say Busy, except for 449 which says Not Allowed.

kungfumstr, all services that start Automatically are running and a few that are Manual are running. If I start and stop the Voice Mail service, the BCM monitor clears the 449 group but reinitializes 449 when I start it again.

just to confirm the vm boxes are indeed programmed?
with bcm monitor click on the "Line" tab and place a call to a phone, watch it until it transfers to CP. what ext. is it transferring to?
when you say "call drops" the call drops without CP or any greeting answering?

Yes, the mailboxes are there, Feature 981 works fine. The Line will never try and transfer the call, it just continues to ring, BCM Monitor just shows "alerting".

The strangest part about this is when I use F981 to get to the mailbox, it uses DN 450, I can see it pickup through BCM Monitor on the Voice Ports tab, and even when I dial the outside line that goes straight to the attendant, it will also use DN 450, but when I dial F985 it says VM is on 449. It seems the problem is only via the Intercom system, which is bad because CFNA only works by Intercom number, which SHOULD be DN 450.

When I set the CFNA to use 449, that's when it drops the call after the set amount of rings, in this case 4 rings then drop, no CP or attendant/greeting. The BCM Monitor shows Alerting for 4 rings, then shows Connected for about a tenth of a second before the call drops.

Sounds like you need to Default the CP and start over, the programming is corrupted.

Agreed, I'm gonna let someone take a shot at it first and let him make that decision. How do I reset CP anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back