Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Desktop Messaging - SMS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Has anyone pushed out CallPilot Desktop Messaging via SMS? I’m proposing licensing it for several hundred mailbox subscribers, and I’d like to avoid having to get a technician to go to every single PC to install it manually. Curious as to the experience others may have had on this.

Thank you!

After you create a custom installation, you could likely push it out.

MagnaRGP is right on.

Follow the directions in the documentation for creating the .ini file for Network deployment, and you should be good.

We deploy the desktop client via SMS to our all of our users (500+ spread throughout 18 locations).

We also pushed out via SMS. Word of caution. Outlook needs to be closed when the software is installed or you could run into issues due to the Outlook Addin. If Desktop Messaging is missing from the Tools Menu and the CallPilot Icons at the top of Outlook are missing then the add-in is disabled in Outlook. We pushed out to 3100 pc's with SMS and had issues with Outlook locking up when everyone tired to open it around the same time. Still working with Nortel on a resolution.

Thanks all! So Schwartz1, your issue was that after the install, 3100 users all opened their Outlook the following morning around the same time, and that contributed to the lock up?

I'm only looking at about 600 PC's or so. Do you think if I stagger them 100 at a time I might avoid that kind of problem?

We probably have 250-300 users logging in around the same time every morning without problems.

Easiest thing to do would be code a vbs script that will shut outlook down before u push the preconfig'd msi.

Cna someone tell me if we have a callpilot 100 vm set up with call recording, is there a way to record a call like Feature 989 into a voicemail and then send this wave file to someone through the internet so they can write it out for me on paper? Is this a feature that we can acquire through a Unified Messaging keycode? Anyone have any ideas if this will work this way for us or has a better solution?

Thank you,

Work in Progress
Joey

Sorry for the delay, your message must have gotten stuck in our firewall. We believe the issue was with downloading the CallPilot Address Book all at the same time. Something was hanging up in the IMAP service. We have sense moved to pushing the install out to smaller groups of people (100-150) at a time via SMS without an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back