Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Desktop Messaging - Password Unnecessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
I'm using CallPilot Desktop Messaging on CallPilot 2.02, Outlook. In playing with the client, I found that by unchecking the "remember my password" box in the Properties/General tab, I can still access my messsages. After making this change and closing Outlook, restarting Outlook pops a mailbox and password login box. However, simply pressing the cancel button in that box lets Outlook continue to load, and my messages are all right there, and I can play them. Rebooting the PC didn't help either!

Has anyone else noticed this, or can anyone confirm that their CallPilot DM works the same way? Since I'm on 2.02, I realize there are some features and functionality not available to me, but this is ridiculous!

Thanks!

Looks like I figured this out. When you play messages through the PC, they are cached. Cached messages will continue to play whether or not you entered a valid mailbox password. Unplayed messages will not show up in the DM mailbox if you haven't used the correct mailbox password. Likewise, without a password, you cannot replay a cached message over the telset. Messages played only over telset are not cached.

Further, it looks like you can set a .cst password to protect against even opening the CPDM folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back