Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Desktop Messaging 04.04.04.32 Address Book Issue in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

shbshb

Technical User
Oct 31, 2004
US
This is for new computer deployments only in an Exchange 2007 domain environment. To reproduce the issue you will need to install Office 2007 on a computer that never had any office. Then install Call Pilot. Then log in and use Outlook with an Exchange mailbox and you will see what we are talking about. As I said earlier, we know how to fix it, the point is that when I deploy 500 new computers, I don’t want to change these address book settings 500 times.

The same thing happens in our Citrix environment for new users. We’ve written a complicated login script to capture hex values from the registry and then change the order of these values to change the order of the address book, but unfortunately, it doesn’t always work, and then when users send email they get stuck in the ‘callpilot outbox’ and when they click TO: they don’t get the global address book, they get the call pilot address book.

Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks for your help,

Aaron "Mighty" Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back