Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot desktop message through MAIL2WEB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lliesbthighs

Vendor
Jun 29, 2008
Hi, it is callpilot rls 4.I have many dektop messaging client installed at users laptops. Now some of our users always stays moving and they are used to check there email fom outside through MAIL2WEB, the question is that can i check my dektop messages through mail2web? is there any workaround or setup to recieve outlook messages through MAIL2WEB also?
Regards

yes,use mycallpilot.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Setup a mycallpilot server. You will need Desktop Messaging Licenses in CP to be able to see your voicemail through the web interface.

After setting up My CallPilot server do i still have to use MyCallPilot software on my laptop from other country or remote site?? i mean after setting My Call pilot server can i use MAIL2WEB to see my desktop messages.
Regards

I think we are talking about 2 diff products.

Nortel's MyCallPilot is an application that will allow a user to log into the web interface of the MyCallPilot server and set various rules, and when desktop messaging licensing is present, will allow the user to check voicemail.

Is MAIL2WEB a 3rd party product?

Yes it is web base page through which you can check yours official outlook messages.
Regards

Ok. Well, you'll still need a mycallpilot server.

1. Setup MyCallPilot Server
2. Configure Message Forwarding Rule found in MyCallPilot to convert ALL messages to .wav and forward to users email address.

This will allow your users to see a .wav formatted copy of their voicemails in their Outlook inbox.

When the message email is received by a client, a read receipt is requested to be sent back to the call pilot server. The call pilot server doesn't accept the read receipt, and thus doesn't turn off the MWI.

Outlook server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back