Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Clients For Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

George465

Technical User
Oct 29, 2009
US
I know that it is early to expect this, but has anyone heard of work on CallPilot clients for the Windows 7 OS? We have been able to use the current client, but the fax driver for sending faxes from the desktop will not function properly.

George

I have DTM 5.00.41.17 working on a windows 7 RC1 installation. I don't think I did anything special on the install but it has been a few months since I did it. I do know an earlier version of Desktop Messaging (can't remember the number off-hand) did not work so I got the newer version from my vendor.

Now that I think about it, I believe all the initial installing was done in Vista - older DTM didn't work, got newer version and then much later installed RC1 on a new partition and installed the new version of DTM there too. Since it worked in Vista it had no problems in 7.

I have been sending and receiving faxes from my DTM for a few months now. I recently had a problem with all my installations wherein the Callpilot mailbox in Outlook was messed up for everyone but that includes XP installs too. It was an IMAP problem on the Callpilot server and I do not believe it was related to Windows 7 at all.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

I apologize for being a lunk-head but I also now recall that we had to get our vendor in here several months ago to update PEPs and patches on the CP server. (It was a routine update and only peripherally related to DTM - I mean, we needed to do the PEPs and I was hoping it would help - DTM is not implemented very widely in our organization so it is very low on the priority list except for me and 3 or 4 other users.)

I am 93% sure that helped with the Vista installation of DTM. The other 7% can be accounted for because I have been both asleep and drunk since then and I'm lucky to remember anything from 8 or 10 months ago.

;-)

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back