Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot cant hear users leaving messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC427

Technical User
Mar 12, 2007
GB
I have a BCM1000 Ver2.5FP1 and in the last few weeks they have started having problems with people leaving messages on VM. When people are trying to leave messages the BCM isnt hearing them and asks them to speak louder or more clearly into the mouth piece.

If this was a one off i would think the problem was with the person calling in, but it is happening to different people and only started a few weeks ago, on a sysgtem thats been running ok for 4 years.

Any help would be great.

Are you sure your getting the VM, sound more like an IVR unit. when you get VM even if you don't say anything I've never heard it say that, but IVR units do.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Its running callpilot with AutoAttendant. They press 1 to leave a message in a normal mail box. i have tested it and if i dont say anything it responds by saying "please speak louder or directly into the telephone"

Cheers

Can you leave a message internally using Feature 980 to the mailbox? Can you log in fine to mailboxes etc? 4 years old your hard drive might be going bad.

I'd suspect an issue with one of your lines if analog.

try backing the unit up and power cycling. a 4 year old hd is also a good candidate for replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back