Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldest

Technical User
Dec 6, 2006
US
I have a problem that I haven't seen before. Site is CS1000M/MG Rls 5.5. CallPilot is version 5. Multiple PRI from LEC. A Verizon Wireless cell phone forwards to a DID that ends up in CallPilot Mailbox. Apparently Verizon Wireless is sending the cell phones ANI as the Calling Party Number. We get an error msg from the CallPilot that states "You have reached the voice mail system. However the number you dialed (then voices the cell phone number) does not have a mailbox on this system". That may not be verbatum but you get the idea. If I call forward a land line to the same DID destination then the voice mailbox takes the message correctly. Any ideas??

I have seen another thread that is similar to this but in my case a land line forwarded works correctly but a cellular phone forwarded failes.

Thank you,

You would have to either build a mailbox with the same number as it repeats back, or add that number to an existing mailbox. The cell phone company is unlikely to change what they send out for one mailbox.

There was an issue a long time back... Rel 25.40 from memory, where this happened.

There was a patch then that fixed it... ID unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back