Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot, BCM50, Unified Messaging< Fax Messaging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjswx

Technical User
Feb 20, 2007
US
I asked this question in the BCM forum and got no response... Maybe I can get one here?

I just installed and programmed a BCM50 that was a replacement to one the just died....

I have everything up and running in order and made several modifications in programming as compared to what they said it was doing proir to the crash.

My only problem now, and I have searched for info on this but cannot seem to find it, is how do I set up the Fax Messaging? They have 3 D.I.D.'s that were used as faxes, which in turn, when you sent a fax to those numbers, would send the fax to their Outlook.

Like I said, I have looked for the programming proceedure, but have not had any luck finding it. I am probably looking in the wrong place, but can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks again.

OK, you need to look on the Nortel KRS website for the keycodes that were installed on the initial system because it sounds like they had Fax Suite installed on the original system.

Is there an Analog Module on the system?

The DIDs would have used target lines to point the DIDs to particular DNs.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

If your keycode is installed, you need the Target Lines for the faxes entered in the Express Messaging Line for the Mbox you want to receive the fax. Of course the Client needs to be on the PC and it needs to be attached to the correct Mbox during initialization.

Adversity is Opportunity

I think I have the steps down.... Agree or Disagree... Let me know.

1. Create DN for the D.I.D. and assign the target line to that DN.
2. In the Call Pilot user mailbox, assign the DN to.... Express Messaging Line?? or Alternate Ext1 or 2? (I was told to assign it to Alternate ExtX)
3. In AA Lines.... assign target line to the AA.
4. Program target line to ??? either the fax D.I.D. DN I just created or to the extension DN of the users mailbox?

And yes the keycodes are installed. No... there are no other analog modules on the system. I already have the main fax number running to an analog port which the main fax is hooked up to.

Disagree, No internal DN.

Fax Recvd. Digits=> Build Target Line=> Target Line #=> Express Messaging Line (under mbox the fax should go into)=> AA answer Target Line # on zero rings.

Done.

Adversity is Opportunity

Great...

And this should work for each one? They had 3 set up, 7001, 7007, and 7012, each used as a personal fax to email.

Yes, as long as you have the mailboxes available and initialized.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Thanks for all the helpful input. I will be going to site either today or tommorrow.

Will let you know how everything goes.

Worked like a charm... with one exception....

Did not assign lines to AA.... set Prime set for target line to the VM DN... Then it started working.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back