Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Backups 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELBeast

MIS
Mar 13, 2006
US
Hi,
I am currently backing up my callpilot to the SLR Tape drive that came with the system. It takes too long in my opinion, has anyone ever tried to backup their callpilot with backup software such as Backup Exec or Arcserve? I don't know if I'd be able to get a good backup if I just installed the backup agent on the callpilot server and then backed up all the files on both partitions. In theory that should work, without having going through the callpilot web interface to create the backup.

I know there is an option to backup to a network share, I just don't know what credentials callpilot uses to gain access to that share. If I could backup to a network share I could then back those files up to tape with my MUCH faster tape library. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I tried that already, I need to know with what username it is trying to login to share.

your login and password for the call pilot server.

Administrator
NGenDist
NGenSys

Anyone of these logins will suffice.

JOhn

So Callpilot is using either of the Administrator, NGenDist, NGenSys usernames that are local to the Windows 2003 server that the 201i platform resides on to login to my other W2k3 server's share to place the backup files on?

i.e CALLPILOT -> (BACKUP SHARE on REMOTE)

when you define a network share, at the bottom of that screen should be this little tidbit...

Note: Be sure that the shared directory is configured for access by the NGenSys account with Full Control

Oh; I forgot to add some important info on my 1st post, My CallPilot release is: 03.03.06 and I'm currently using CallPilot Manager version 04.04.04.13

I actually don't get that message, I just have two fields that say:
Device Name:
PATH:
TYPE: Disk (this can't be changed)

But you answered my question, I also found this thread to be very helpful: 1359933 What I think I am going to do is run a .bat file that maps a local drive to the share that I want to place my backups on. I'll specify the user/pass that I want the .bat to use and I don't have to worry about logging as the NGenSys user or create an NGenSys account on the other server. Then when I create my new backup device under PATH: I'll just use \\.\(drive letter that the .bat used).

Thanks for all the help!!

As a side note does anyone know what the different levels of CallPilot backup do?

FullSystem - is self-explanatory
UserArchive - I'm guessing is just the VM boxes, including user greetings.
PromptArchive - Language files or CallPilot App annoucements?
AppBuilderArchive - The CallPilot Apps, maybe the annoucements are backed up here?

If anyone could shed some light on this for me or maybe point me to some documentation I'd greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back