Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arugg

MIS
Sep 14, 2004
US
My CallPilot system has been in place for 4 months. Most of the time the backup works fine. However, roughly once a month the backup does not complete. I get a partial complete backup, out of the blue. For instance this past weekend the system did a Full backup on Friday, and a User Archive on Sat. The User Archive on Sunday only partially completed. And it has only partially completed everyday since. In the past I have had to down and reboot the server to get back to normal.

Is there a patch for this? Has this been happening to anyone else?

i don't see a patch for that problem, change the backup schedule , back an hour. just any change so the cp sees a diff backup requirement. sometimes that helps, what rls are you own? and is your service pack current

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Found a patch for this problem. PEP: CP202S03G32S.

I had the same problem recently The CP was creating errors whenever it tried to do a backup,I tried a couple of ways to resolve it, eventually I had to contact the Vendor to come in and correct it (SHOULD BE NON BILLABLE) it turned out they needed to install some patches its been a week and I havent generated any error since

Every summer we have to reset the password, clean out the messages, remove the greetings and personal verification from all the Student Voice Mail boxes. Most of the time we just delete and recreate each Mailbox. This takes alot of time. We are a college with a cuople thousand students. We are use Meridian Mail but hope to the getting CallPilot soon. Does anyone know of a faster way to do this?

Don't have your archives or backup running during the times of 3AM to 4:40AM. That is when CallPilot run the audits to remove expired messages and check for MMF errors. It will cause partial backups to full system crashes.

Had a similar problem. Had CP 2.02 on SU01.
Brought it up to SU03 and no longer have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back