Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot application for Support Desk - Transfer to cellphone - with secondary back up transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm1808

MIS
May 13, 2009
CA
Hello experts

I have a question regarding a CallPilot application I've built and would like to modify. Our support desk menu - references an application via SDN for remote notification if a message is left in the voicemail box. This works great and has been working for a couple of years however I'd like to have a backup call out incase the person on call does not log into the voicemail and retrieve the message etc. I've tried changing the outputs on the call transfer for Busy and Failure to the secondary number.. but haven't been able to get it to call out yet as the first call is deemed 'sucessful' ( I think...) since it reaches the first target cell's voicemail box..
I have set the Outcalling parameters in CallPilot to require a log in as part of the notification success criteria..

Essentially what we're looking for is a way to ensure that a second person will get notified if the first person on call doesn't respond.

any ideas...?

thanks !
Mich

Mich

Assuming everyone on oncall has a smart phone and is capable of receiving corp email on said phone....

Build an account in Exchange or Lotus Notes ..i.e. Oncall Support - add all your oncall members to this account.

Enable Message Forwarding Rule (MFR)in CP for the mailbox associated with the above account.

example:
SDN = 8000 - Support Desk menu
CP MB = 8999 - Support Desk mailbox
Oncall.support@abc.com = the exchange email for the the support desk

In MB 8999, enable MFR - set the email to oncall.suupport@abc.com

Anytime a message is left in 8999 mb, a wavefile of the message is sent to oncall.support@abc.com. All members will receive this message.

hi yyrkroon

thanks for the great suggestion.. The company we are supporting is a different company ( contracted out our IT Support desk) so the corporate email delivery is an issue I think because we are not on the same network - so the phoning out is best. I think we'd have to have CallPilot desktop licenses for that function as well no?

is there any way to get the system to call out a secondary phone if the first phone did not dial in to retrieve the voicemail ?

regards,

Mich

Mich

Your appplication is more than likely xfer the caller to a mb, and the mb is doing a remote notification to the oncall. From within the application, fail and busy only takes effect if the xfer actually fail or the destination return a busy. xfer to a mb will be successful 99.9% of the time, the only time it will fail is there's no mb and it will never be busy.

There's no other way that I know of to accomplish what you want. You only get one target for remote notification and if you set the mb to require login for successful notification, CP will continue to call the same number until the retry expires or the user login. Once the retry expire and the user still hasn't logged in, remote notification will disable.

Yes that's exactly how the application is working - via xfer to mb with remote notification to a cell phone however because the cellphone user has a vmb on their cell the call is always flagged as 'successful' ... And if they don't log into the callpilot vmb then it will keep calling the same number until they log in or remote notification expires as you mentioned.
I thought maybe within an application there could be a way to design it so that a secondary call out number is targeted if the first one didn't log in etc.

I'll see if we can get the email wave file to work as you suggested .. but even still it will target everyone in the group and then we will still not be sure if the first on call has handled the call or not.

thanks again for your suggestions !!

Mich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back