Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CallPilot Application Builder Error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HASAGO

Vendor
Sep 28, 2005
AU
I have an issue on CallPilot Release 5 where if I attempt to create a new application via application builder I get the following error message "The application could not be created because the maximum aplication limit has been reached for this server". There are only 9 applications currently configured so there should be a limitation issue. I am using the latest Application Builder version 5.00.41.52. I have seen in past threads that there may be an issue with the registry settings? There is no conclusive response to confirm this though. Anyone else experienced this error? and/or fix?

CAUSES:
May have reached the limits for a given system or the Registry entry may have been corrupted.

engineering limits for Application Builder applications per volume:

- Primary Volume - 500 applications (VS1)
- Secondary Volumes - 1000 applications per volume (VS102 and VS103)

This can be verified by checking the following registry entries on the server:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nortel\MPCX\nmvm\
- MaxAppVol1
- MaxAppVol102 (this will not appear until there are applications on this volume)
- MaxAppVol103 (this will not appear until there are applications on this volume)

Each one of these entries counts down towards zero. If the entry is 0 for a particular volume, then the above message will appear when trying to create applications on this volume.

Fix/Workaround:

- If you are certain the limits have not yet been reached:

These limits can be reset if you are certain that they have not been reached. Simply determine what the correct value of this limit should be for the desired volume.

For example, if there are 33 applications on Volume 1, the entry for MaxAppVol1 should be set to 467. Make sure that the display is DECIMAL and NOT HEXADECIMAL.

Thanks yyrkroon for this information. This was exactly the fix I was looking for. Fixed my issue - you get a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back