Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callpilot administration via telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

abehler

Vendor
Oct 22, 2009
US
Is there any way to reset a mailbox password without using Callpilot manager? I support a site with a Nortel Option 11c with Callpilot R4 and I'm looking for a way to administer mailboxes with a telephone and not have to go on site and use my laptop, the password to logon to the NT server built into the voicemail is lost.

you can't access callpilot manager over the LAN? You don't need to access the server to access CPMGR.

The Callpilot is not on the LAN. It wasn't set up to use any of the CTI features

CP is still connected to the PBX either via a switch or hub. If you have to go to site, then plug into the same switch/hub and give yourself an address 1 away from the CP server and access the CPMGR. You'll never have to access the server doing it this way.

I have actually seen some Call Pilots connected to an Opt 11 with a crossover cable instead of a hub or switch. Just CRAZY.

It might sound wasteful, but get an old laptop. set it up to access the CP. then get that laptop on the network. Then remote into the laptop as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back